23 Jan Quran Reflections – Surah Al Ma’un
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Seest thou one who denies the Judgement (to come)?
- Then such is the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness).
- And encourages not the feeding of the indigent.
- So woe to the worshippers.
- Who are neglectful of their prayers.
- Those who (want but) to be seen (of men)
- But refuse (to supply) (even) neighborly needs.
Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.
Do you ever ponder the fact that with each breath you take, you are a moment closer to the hour of your death?
Doesn’t this scare you and make you want to do more? To focus on the things that matter and deposit all you have within to serve Allah and benefit humanity? We should be hasty for good deeds, seeking them out the way we do fashion items, fame and fortune.
What have you done to benefit humanity? Not for money, fame or any selfish interest. Are you finding it hard to remember? Then its time to sit up and begin to throw yourself into deeds that really matter.
Surah Al Ma’un vs 6 above should always be a reminder. Let us decide not be of those who want but to be seen of men.
Let go of the show, it benefits nobody. Let go of the show, it reaches and destroys nothing but your soul.
Salam alaykum waramatulah wabarakatuh amazing souls.